Copywriting is art, web copywriting is fine art. As a web copywriter there is so much more to do. Here are just some of the elements that need considering:
- In a cluttered marketplace your web copy needs to engage without selling, convince without shouting and instruct without telling.
- Most web users have the attention span of a puppy, and with so many sites competing for their attention, you have to hit them hard and draw them in.
- By interlinking your articles users will get drawn into your site, spending longer exploring it, which in turn positively impacts your Google ranking.
- Creating enough keyword and lateral keyword copy will turn the search engine eyes in your direction but too much and the search engines think you're spamming people. It's a fine balance.
- You also need to have relevant, useful content and compelling yet succinct copy.
- Good, clear syntax and grammar are also essential. Typos turn off users and present your company in a less than professional light. It also helps if you rank well for the Flesch-Kincaid readability test.
This and many other elements will help you to engage your audience and keep them on-site. So if you're looking for a company that can provide these skills with English graduates on staff then you've come to the right place. Our copywriting expertise, coupled with our cost effective web design, SEO and social media services, present a winning combination to give your website the ultimate makeover for success.
If you're interested in us working on your website copy then please contact us, we work in Manchester and beyond.